Internet has been providing us with numerous and uncountable opportunities to generate an income online and a life out of it. Internet has produced many a millionaires or billionaires who made their names and fortunes just out of a desktop or a laptop. But the question is : Can everyone make money online? And an even bigger question is : Does every trick or technique told or taught to us by the so called Internet Gurus still work in 2018?
The answer is – a Big and Fat NO!
With evolving times and ever growing competition, a lot of techniques which people used in early 2000s to make money on the internet are now non-operational, non-productive and not time worthy.
The main reason behind ceasing of such techniques is the ever-evolving, artificial intelligence induced growth of search engines, specially Google which has been known to drive the highest amount of organic and natural traffic to websites, blogs and other landing pages. And there is one fact which has not changed ever since someone thought of generating income online is that natural and organic traffic from the search engines converts the most into sales, clicks and leads. But we will talk about that later.
So here we are at the verge of the end of the year 2018 and we are asking ourselves this question – what will help me make some money out of the internet in 2018. And whether I would still be able to do that in 2019?
After giving much thought and doing a hell of reading and research, I finally was able to create a list of 8 sure-shot ways to make money online in 2018 and which are here to remain for the next couple of years. I am no internet millionaire myself, but as of now, I have been living my life on the internet(I will explain how) since past 3-4 years and I think now is the time when I start to share all of this with everyone else. So let us begin.
1. Sell on E-Commerce Websites – Amazon, EBay, Flipkart, Alibaba
This one is my personal favorite and my first successful undertaking on the internet where I was actually able to make some bucks using the internet. E-Commerce websites like Amazon, Ebay, Alibaba, Flipkart and PayTM and many many more are not a new name to anyone in the world. Billions of people go on these websites to daily to buy, purchase or check out there daily need or daily use items.
From a needle to a washing machine and from something which you use once or twice in your whole life to something which you live your daily life on, everything is being sold on these websites. In short words, these E-Commerce websites are your A-Z required items being sold on the internet. And with the help of the vast and expanded courier network, you can now ship to any continent, country, state or city sitting in any part or corner of the world.
You just need to have the product and the job of bringing your products to the customer and the audience is done by these E-Commerce giants.
I was able to make my first sale within a few hours of signing up on Flipkart(India).
But there are two catches in this whole game:
- You need to have a product of yours which you can offer to sell on the website. As i said, it can be anything from a small needle to a downloadable e-book. If it has a market or a customer group looking for it, it is almost 99% likely that you will make sales and profit very quickly.
- The last catch being that these websites do charge you a small commission or fee for their services on every sale. But considering the vast potential and market which they offer, you would easily be able to make good profit selling on these websites. You need not have a physical store or a shop. You just need to have an address and everything from selling to crediting payment in your bank account are handled by them. And the good thing is that signing up on these websites is absolutely free.
Step by Step Guide to Open a Seller Account on Major E-Commerce Websites and Start Selling
- Go the “Seller Sign up Page” or “Merchant Signup” of whichever E-Commerce website you wish to sell on. It is better to do a little research and sell on the top three E-Commerce websites only which operate in your country.
- Once you have signed up by filling all the details like name, address and other tax details, you can start adding your products on the seller portal.
- As soon as you signup, you will start receiving a bunch of emails and calls from the E-Commerce website your signed up on with tutorials, guides and everything which will help you setup your online store with ease and in a matter of hours.
- Once you make the sale, you will have to pack the item and hand it over to the courier person. The packing material and courier service is provided by the E-Commerce company itself. So you need not worry about those from your end. But of course, they will be charging you for those services.
- After a certain period of 7-10 days or according to the terms set between you and the E-Commerce company you will receive the payment of your sales in your bank account.
So this is how you can make some profit by selling stuff online sitting at your home. Websites like Amazon and Ebay allow you to sell your old stuff too. This is one of the easiest and most trusted way of generating income online.
As for me and my personal experience, I have been selling online on Amazon, Flipkart, PayTM and Snapdeal for past 5 years now and I must say that the results have been quite overwhelming. Please contact me or shoot me an email if you would like to know more about this and know about my results one a personal level.
Thousands and thousand of sellers and vendors are being incorporated into the seller program on a daily basis by these websites and its time you can use this opportunity to create some income just using a laptop.
2. Become an Affiliate For E-Commerce Websites – Alternative to 1st Technique
This technique might seem a lot similar to the first technique we discussed above to generate sales from home. But if we dig deep, this second method actually overcomes all the cons involved in the first method. Let me explain how.
All major E-Commerce websites have an affiliate program where they offer a certain percentage or portion of a sale if that sale is made via your reference. By reference we do not mean the verbal reference or mouth to mouth publicity of a product on any E-Commerce website. Here is the step by step guide on how to make money online by being an affiliate on E-Commerce websites:
- Visit Google. Search for: “website name affiliate signup”. Here “website name” refers to the name of the E-Commerce website you want to signup for. Suppose, you can signup for “amazon affiliate signup” if the website is Amazon. Usually the first link is the link which will take you to the affiliate signup page.
- Next you have to fill your basic details like name, address, bank account details into which you wish to receive your commissions and some other basic details depending on which country and which website you are signing up for. It is a no-brainer and should hardly take a few minutes to set up.
- Once you have signed up and verified your email, you can find a complete affiliate area where you will find several tools like product affiliate links, affiliate banners, APIs and what not. Each of these items whether links, banners or codes, they will be having your affiliate code already inserted into them.
- Now that you have got your hands on this material, all you need to do is to promote these links and banners on as much bigger platform as possible. If somebody clicks on your link or banner and makes a sale on that particular E-Commerce website, you will earn a commission which will be deposited directly into your bank account.
- You need to drive as much traffic as possible to the affiliate links or banners so that the chances of somebody making a sale through your link remain high.
5 Pros of Being an Affiliate for E-Commerce Websites in 2018-2019
- No Need of Physical Products or Inventory – You need not maintain a physical stock or inventory as you are selling products which are stocked by other sellers. You are just promoting those products using affiliate links and when a sale is complete through your link, you have earned yourself a commission.
- Minimal Investment – The cost of maintaining a stock, packing and courier charges becomes zero in this technique. All you need is a laptop and an internet connection to be able to promote affiliate links. Of course you can get yourself a website or a blog to achieve your promotion targets but that cost is nothing as compared to maintaining stock, staff, orders etc. as in the first case.
- Zero Liability – You are not responsible or liable for the items being sold on these websites. You do not have to worry about their after sales, service, returns or anything whatsoever. You only have to bother yourself about bringing sales to these websites and the rest is handles by their staff.
- High Conversion Rate – Millions and millions of sales are done on these websites all over the world. These websites receive a huge and immense targeted traffic and thus have a very high conversion rate. So you might as well take use of this opportunity to generate some income yourself via commissions.
- High Commission Rate – No Geographical Barrier – The commission rates for some of the products can be as much as 50%. Thus, you can be selective about choosing your niche and make yourself some income. Also, there is no geographical barrier about being an affiliate. You can promote any country’s E-Commerce website by sitting in any part of the world. Although some websites might place restrictions due to taxation or other citizenship issues, but generally these affiliate programs are open to all the users on the internet.
Not only big, there are thousands of micro E-Commerce websites running which are highly popular and an uncountable number of people shop from them every day. You can do some research and signup for their affiliate program too since they will offer a low competition in their niche as compared to the big shots in the E-Commerce industry.
So this was all about how you can make money on the internet using the already established big E-Commerce names.
Next, we will throw a little limelight on how you can use the power of digital world, social media and everything else which exists on the internet for generating income while sitting in the comfort of your home. These methods which I am trying to explain here are here to remain for a long period of time as a lot of money and time is being invested into these from all over the world.
3. Affiliate Marketing of Digital Products & Services
Now this technique uses the same concept of generating income as the above two. The only difference is, that instead of earning commissions by selling physical products from selected E-Commerce websites, now you will be amassing commissions by selling digital products and services from websites or companies all over the world – as affiliates of course.
Just to give you a tiny glimpse of what is meant by being an internet affiliate marketer, I have compiled a very short list of digital products and services which you can promote:
- Weight Loss Diets and Plans
- Health Management Plans and Services
- Different Digital Products – Themes, Plugins, Advancements
- Services like web hosting, web security and account management
- Social Media Marketing Plans
and many many more. In fact, it is not possible to list even 1% of the total digital products and services which are being sold on the internet. And the good thing about them is, that at least 90% of them have an affiliate program. It means that if you help them make a sale via your affiliate link, they will be paying you a commission for your effort and time.
Now there are affiliates all over the world who are making anywhere between $100/day-$3000+/day. Many top level affiliate marketers are even generating more than that but it takes a lot of efforts, time, practice, patience and knowledge to get to that level. Although one thing is for sure that everyone started from the scratch and made their way up to that level.
Who is Involved in Digital Affiliate Marketing?
Now there are three parties involved in the whole process of generating income via affiliate marketing:
- Merchant/Creator : The first party is the merchant or the creator of the product. The merchant can be someone who has created an e-book for weight loss or someone who has created a software or a theme for WordPress. Merchant can also be a service provider like HostGator or Godaddy who provide hosting services, domain registration etc. Merchants offer their products to the affiliates and pay them commissions on each sale.
- Affiliate : Now this is the part which is played by you as an affiliate. You have to find your niche or the product or the service which you want to promote in exchange for commission. You can choose out of millions and millions of products and services and promote them through your blog, website, social media profiles, emails and what not. Once you make a sale, you will receive a commission from the merchant or the creator of the product or service. An affiliate plays a huge role in making the product and its merchant successful. It is still advised to promote only those products which you have used or have trust in.
- Consumer/Customer : The consumer or the customer is the end user who purchases and uses the product created by the merchant and promoted by you. Once, the customer visits your blog or your website or your advertisement where you are promoting any affiliate product and makes a sale through your link, you receive a commission in your bank account. Most of the times, customer is unaware of the whole affiliate link and commission concept. Most of the times, customer just visits your website where you have written a nice review of any product, clicks on the product link(which is also your affiliate link) and makes the purchase on the merchant’s website.
As an affiliate, finding a good merchant/product and high quality traffic or customers is the key to success in affiliate marketing. If the product which you intend to promote or sell offers quality and solution to the problems for the customers in that particular niche, your chances of making a sale and commission can rise manifold. But to complement that, you would need high quality traffic of customers looking for that product or that niche on the internet. Because without traffic no matter how good your product is, you will never be able to make money in affiliate marketing.
Top Affiliate Networks For Affiliate Marketers in 2018-2019
Here is a small list of affiliate networks which you join and start your affiliate marketing venture. All of these have been in business since at least a decade and are home to millions of products which sell like hotcakes. These affiliate programs are being used by affiliate marketers in 2018 and are here to remain for the next foreseeable future. You can just visit each of these sites and signup as affiliates.
5 Ways to Promote Your Affiliate Products
In short, I will be writing about 5 ways through which you can promote your affiliate products and be successful. Some of these might not be free and may involve advertising costs. Paid advertising is fast but not always better as you might end up spending more than what you actually earn. So campaigns should be created wisely and under guidance if possible.
- Write a Blog or Website – Nothing sells more than a blog or a website with good quality content and a lot of faithful and trusting audience. You can start a blog or a website related to the niche you want to promote affiliate products of. Write informative and quality posts related to that niche based on keyword research. If you are consistent in doing so, you might be able to build an authority blog or website on that niche. Then it can be used to promote affiliate products and earn huge commissions. But beware, selling down graded and low quality products on an authority blog might result in your rankings and trust worthiness go down quickly. So choose your niche and products carefully.
- Create a Landing Page – Create a lucrative landing page and offer a freebie like an e-book or a demo software. Send as much traffic as possible to that landing page. Once you have started collected e-mails, set up a free email auto-responder like MailChimp to follow up on those customers later with your affiliate marketing content and affiliate links via emails. Make sure you do not spam your customers and respect their privacy. Email marketing is known to convert highly and has a better ROI than any other means known till now. It takes a time to build a list, but once you have it, you can make huge commissions selling and promoting your affiliate products.
- Use Paid Networks – Create a page or write a review about the affiliate product you wish to promote. Use paid advertising networks like Bidvertiser or Bing or Google to drive traffic to your page. This methods converts fast but involves upfront cost of setting ad campaigns. You have to set up your campaigns carefully after a lot of keyword research. If you are a beginner, this method is not advised.
- Use Facebook – Repeat everything I explained above with Facebook advertising. Period. Facebook is evolving every hour and is getting better and better for digital and affiliate marketers. Use it to make some commissions. Be careful about the geographical location in which you promote your products. Google Keyword Tool can be of great use in identifying which people in which location are looking for which keyword.
- Guest Post – Guest post on top blogs in your niche. Leave the link back to the article or the review you have written about your affiliate product. It adds to the SEO as well as direct traffic for that page which in turn will result into more and more sales. Join forums and leave the link back in your signature. This method is free but requires consistent effort. But the good thing is, it still works in 2018 and is here to remain.
So this was all about how you make money online by being an affiliate marketer of physical as well as digital products. We will explain each and every aspect in detail in future posts. For now, lets move ahead to the next method of generating income online.
4. Work as a Freelancer and Sell Your Gigs on Fiverr
Fiverr.com has emerged as one of the biggest outsourcing website which is being used by millions and millions of people all over the world on a daily basis. As per their data, a gig is sold every 5 sec. Let’s dig a little deeper and know everything about how you can make money with Fiverr.com
What is Fiverr.com? What is a Gig and How Does it Work?
Fiverr.com is a place where people work for other people by posting their services as Gigs for as low as $5. In fact, 90% of the Gigs on Fiverr.com do not charge more than $5. However, the price of any Gig can go upto thousands of dollars depending upon the Gig extras and the quantity as chosen by the buyer.
Let me explain a Gig via an example:
Suppose I want to outsource the process of writing blog posts or articles on by website. I visit Fiverr.com and find myself a Gig which says that the Gig owner will write me a 300 words article with 3 keywords in it for $5. Gig also offers me a pack of 5 articles of 300 words each for $25 only. So I choose the pack of 5 articles as I am saving $5 in this package. There is another extra feature mentioned in the same Gig in which I can get faster delivery of the articles within 2 days for $10. So I choose to buy it too. Hence, I get 5 articles of 300 words within 2 days for $35.
The main point here is that the Gig owner got himself $35 for writing 5 articles of 300 words within 2 days.
There are sellers on the Fiverr.com who have sold over 10k+ Gigs within a span of 2-3 years the cost of each Gig being a minimum of $5.
Not only writing, Fiverr.com is about everything else too. You can design, program, code, relationship advice, gaming, music, art, animation, videos and what not. You just have to find out what you are good at and you can offer your services to millions of customers on the Fiverr.com by signing up as a seller.
You can offer Gig extras by offering a better quality/quantity/faster delivery/more revisions. Top rated sellers on Fiverr are already selling their Gigs for a basic price of $50 or $100. If you are able to satisfy your customers in terms of quality and quantity, you are bound to make a fortune on Fiverr just by working as a freelancer.
Step by Step Guide to Create Your First Gig on Fiverr
First of all, it is completely free and Fiverr charges you no money for signing up. They do charge you $1 for every $5 you earn but that is how they keep themselves up and running.
Let us see how you can create your first Gig on Fiverr by following these simple steps :
- Signup – Go to the signup page and use your email id, or your Google or Facebook account to signup.
- Create Gig – After logging in, click on Selling->Gigs.
- Fill Gig Details – Fill all the necessary details like Title, Description, Keywords, Metdata.
- Package Extras and Pricing – You can create multiple packages here and put a price on each one of them. Delivery time and number of revisions can also be added separately for each package in this section. You can also add extras in which you can add a certain cost for providing something extra in your Gig.
- Add Requirements – Add the minimum details which you require from your customer to work and complete your Gig. You can ask for as much as possible.
- Add a Video or an Image – If you can create a short video explaining what your Gig is about, it can work wonders for you. Although an image is also sufficient to speak for your Gig. Make sure it is related to what you are offering in your Gig.
- Publish – Done!
Here is how you can work on Fiverr.com as a freelancer and make money using your knowledge, hard work and talent. Fiverr was established in 2010 and has seen nothing but growth ever since. It is a paradise for not only the buyers looking to get their jobs done for as little as $5, but also for the sellers and freelancers who get hired on multiple projects and are making their living online.
It is advisable to go through multiple top selling Gigs in your niche before creating your first Gig. This will give you an idea of what sells and how to pitch it to your buyers. Or, you can hire somebody on Fiverr itself to create a stunning and hot selling Gig for you. Once you become a Top Rated Seller on Fiverr, you can keep the prices of your Gig very high since buyers go for Top Rated Sellers the most. But again for that, you need to work consistently and put efforts to get to that level.
Let us move on to the next method.
5. Create Niche Website
Creating niche website became extremely popular in early 2000s when people could just spam their own website with keywords and search engines would place them on the first page for that particular keyword or set of keywords. But over time, spammers got on the hit list of the search engines and were nowhere to be seen. With the ever changing algorithms like Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird(Google), spammers were hit hard and quality content was given priority over everything else.
Then came the major overhaul in the whole system of niche websites where quality content, information and value were given priority by the search engines. Hence started the most lucrative form of selling products on the internet.
In a niche website, you select a niche and put your entire focus on it. You do not write about anything else, you do not research about anything else, you do not promote any other niche’s products. In other words, the niche you choose makes the base, the building and the content of your website. Your niche can be anything. It can be as common as health or cooking. It can also be something bizarre or something rarely chosen. It doesn’t matter. What matters is that you will be making money out of that niche. Let us see how.
How to Choose a Niche Which Can Make You Money Online
Generally, there is not perfect or one answer to that. If you have a hobby or a passion or a specific are of skill or interest, you have found your niche. Because you cannot write better about something else. There is a market for everything. Not just customers looking to buy products, there is a market of people looking for information, looking to learn something new. Each and every person who visits your niche website adds to the valuable traffic of your blog.
Even if you do not have a particular product to sell in your niche, there are many ways you can make money out of your niche website. For instance, suppose your area of interest is plants and vegetables. Now you sure do not want to sell plants or vegetables or seeds on your website and as a matter of fact, you can’t. Even if you can, you would be restricted to a very small portion of geographical area.
So the question is – How can you monetize your niche website related to plants and vegetables?
Now your interest or hobby or passion, no matter how vague or uncommon it may sound, it will still be shared by millions of people all over the world and internet. With the expansion of social media like Facebook, everyone has been brought closer. Once you have created your website about plants and vegetables, you can offer paid tutorials, E-books for a small price which can help people in productivity and growing better quality of vegetation. You can create paid programs, webinars and what not where people can join you and actually learn something from you. Then there are digital products related to your niche being sold on various Affiliate Networks which you can promote and earn a commission by selling them. Then there are numerous CPA and CPC networks like Google AdSense which can be used to monetize your website if you have a good stream of targeted traffic coming to your niche website.
You can also build an email list where you send free tips and tricks to your subscribers. At the bottom, you can leave a link back to your E-book or your affiliate product and make some money.
Niche websites also rank better in Google since they focus on particular set of 3-4 keywords only and provide quality content for the users. As i said, organic traffic directly from the search engines converts the best. That is why, niche websites have been known to be great source of passive online income in the past and in the present as well.
There are a lot of niche websites which we see in our daily life but do not think of them as niche websites. You may have been reading a sports blog today but didn’t realized that it was based on only one niche, i.e., sports. You will rarely see content or news related to politics or health on a sports blog. Just like that, you might have been reading a cooking recipe on a website but didn’t care or paid attention that it was a cooking niche website. You could have checked a particular car’s price or specifications but didn’t notice that it was dedicated to cars and nothing else. You might have even clicked on an ad or two which would have made its owner some money.
There was a product online with the name of Google Sniper by George Brown which was all about making niche websites and making money out of them. It has been updated every year and is currently known as Google Sniper 3.0. It is not an automated bot or software, but just a set of detailed step by step tutorials, guide, tips and techniques for making niche websites from zero and building them until they start pouring in money for you. Do check it out.
Let us move forwards to the next method to make money online in 2018.
6. Write a Blog
This is the most conventional, most used, most successful and most loved technique to make money online.
What is a blog?
A blog is nothing else but just another website which gets updated on a regular basis and its writers are known as bloggers. A blog can be written by anyone and about anything. People write about their opinions, their day-to-day experiences, their thoughts and ideas and literally anything and everything they want to write about. A blog is just like a personal diary on the internet available to be read by everyone.
Remember that scene from the movie “Social Network” where Mark Zuckerberg was writing his blog while he was drunk and coding for his website after his breakup. That was one of a blog too.
Now you must be thinking why is blog writing or blogging any different from the techniques we mentioned above. So let me explain how it is.
A blog is a website which works on the principle of time and content. New content has to be added to a blog in a timely manner to keep it alive. Same is not true for any website. For example, you can create a website about your brand and not touch it or change it for months or years because it doesn’t matter. All you needed to do was to create a website about your brand so that people can know what it is about. You do not need to add new content to it everyday.
But the same is not true for a blog. Suppose you write a personal blog about your daily life experiences. You cannot just write 10 pages and leave it to be because it will not work that way. Your audience would need you to keep coming back on your blog and write regularly so that they can know what you are upto. Celebrities, journalists, politicians and almost everyone who has a bit of fame attached to them write their personal blogs and people follow them in huge numbers.
What Can You Blog About?
Anything. The thing is that you can blog about your passion, hobby, area of interest, field of specialization. You can even blog about the things which you hate or do not like in your everyday life. Like you can blog about the social problems such as ever increasing pollution, traffic, poverty etc. like many social activists do.
There are health blogs, technology blogs, gossip blogs, celebrity news blogs. There are blogs which teach tips and tricks about blogging itself. There are blogs dedicated to the concept of online earning and making money online by blogging. So it is your choice.
Writing a blog is not a short term game. You need to be there for your audience with new and fresh content on a regular basis otherwise your blog would never grow. Highly successful bloggers have taken years to develop their blogs, build their audience and gain their trust. The only thing common in each and every one of those bloggers is that they never stopped writing. They didn’t care much about the money at the time of starting their blogs although now they actually don’t have to care about the money since they are making huge amount of it out of their blogs. But that takes time, patience and consistent hard work.
How to Make Money Online Blogging in 2018-2019?
Now this a point which we are going to discuss in detail. Probably in more detail than we have discussed any other technique of generating income online.
- Affiliate Marketing – We discussed how affiliate marketing can be used to make money online by selling other people’s products in exchange for a commission. Similarly, you can sell many affiliate products on your blog. You can choose any affiliate product and write a post about it. You can insert a banner ad or a couple of affiliate links which can help you make a sale. Affiliate commissions are one of the biggest source of earning for almost every blogger who generates some income through his/her blog. You can start with Clickbank if you are new.
- Sell Sponsored Posts – If you have a decent traffic to your blog, you can always get sponsored posts from advertisers. Sponsored post is just an article on your blog where you write about a certain topic or issue as provided by your advertiser with usually a link back to their website in the content. This helps your advertiser to get some traffic to their website and you make money for publishing such article on your blog. You can price your sponsored post according to the traffic you receive. Blogs with a higher number of organic traffic price their sponsored posts at even $20k per post. This is a lot of money for a single post. But they also have a good amount of traffic to back them up.
- Sell Ad Space – You can sell space on your blog like header, between the content, sidebars or footer to your advertisers in exchange for money. Again, the price would depend on how much traffic you are getting. Blogs like Johnchow.com sell their header space for $1000 a month when they get 300,000 page views per month. Now there are blogs which are generating much more traffic and are selling their ad space for at least 10 times more. So it all depends on how your blog is performing on the internet.
There are many other ways to make money out of a blog like writing paid reviews of new products which are launched, selling e-books on your blog or even selling your blog for a huge profit. We will be discussing each of these in much more details in later posts. For now, let us move to our section where we shall see what is needed to start a blog and how we can get a blog up and running within 30 minutes.
How to Start a Blog in 30 Minutes With Your Own Domain and Hosting?
Please follow these steps to get your blog up and running within 30 minutes. Some of these steps might incur a cost to you like domain and hosting purchase.
- Register Domain – Get yourself a domain registered with any domain registrar like Godaddy. You can name your domain on your brand, your keywords or a mixture of both. Keep .com as your first preference while registering. Shorter domains without numbers and hyphens are easier to remember and easier to type which will help you in the long run.
- Get Web Hosting – Now that you have your domain, you need to host it on a server. You can purchase web hosting from the top three web hosting providers – HostGator/BlueHost/Godaddy. Initially you can choose a shared server but if your pocket allows, you can even go for VPS or Dedicated Server package which offers better speed, uptime and performance than a shared server.
- Change Nameservers – Once you have purchased your web hosting package, you need to update the nameservers of your domain with your domain registrar. This basically connects your domain to your web hosting.
- Install WordPress – If you are about to start a blog, then WordPress is the best CMS you can choose, hands down. It is SEO-friendly, publisher-friendly and user-friendly. Its a complete package for a blogger and every blogger should work on WordPress in the beginning. You can change your CMS later. Most of the hosting packages now offer on-click WordPress installation.
- Install Themes & Plugins – You can choose a theme for your blog from thousands of themes which are available on WordPress. You can even purchase a premium theme from Genesis which is the best framework till now for WordPress. Install plugins like Akismet, W3 Total Cache, SEO Yoast etc to start. But do not install too many of them as it will make your website slower. We will write about the plugins in details in later posts.
- Start Publishing Content – Now you can start writing and publishing. Write quality and informative content only. Once you have published a post, share it on social media, leave comments on other blogs and guest post on other blogs. This will help you build recognition, backlinks and traffic to your blog in no time. But you need to be consistent about it. Blogging is all about building your network. Not only your own blog, try to publish as much as possible on other websites, article directories, forums etc.
So this was all about in how to make money online blogging in 2018-2019. We will be discussing each aspect later in detail but for now, I have summarized the key features and steps above.
7. Make Money Online Through Social Media
People tend to stay on Facebook and Instagram for a very large part of their days. These social media websites have become a good and greater part of people’s lives. Many digital marketers and entrepreneurs saw this as an opportunity and set up their business on these social media websites. Specially Facebook and Instagram. We will discuss YouTube in the next section as it requires a different approach to make money online from these two.
How to Generate Income Through Facebook
Facebook is everywhere. You can reach out to a large number of people via Facebook who are also potential customers. People shop directly on Facebook as it has opened its marketplace too.
Here is a brief step by step guide to start your Facebook Business or Facebook Shop:
- Create a Facebook Page for your business or your offline shop. Upload a logo, cover page, write a good description, add a phone number and address, add website address and write a few lines about what your Facebook page is and what it represents.
- You can share your articles and blog posts on Facebook and use Facebook advertising to let your content reach your audience faster. You can even target an audience of certain geographical area with selected gender and age and selected interests. This helps you to get more and more targeted traffic to your website or blog resulting in better sales, profits and better monetization.
- If you have products to sell, you can add them to Facebook shop and link them to their respective product pages on your website. Facebook is king of marketing and shows highly targeted ads. You can get some sales within no time.
- If you are an affiliate marketer, you can use a landing page and promote it on Facebook to get many leads which can be later used to create a sales funnel over time resulting in passive income. Top affiliate marketers spend a lot on Facebook marketing as it rewards them with better ROI( Return On Investment) and sales.
- You can sell you digital or non-digital products directly on Facebook too even if you do not have a website. In that case, you can direct order and receive payments via third party payment processors like PayTM, Paypal, Escrow etc. You will have to handle the shipping from your end.
How to Make Money using Instagram in 2018-2019
Instagram is all about following and getting followed. In short, more the number of genuine followers you have, more are your chances of making good money out of your Instagram profile. It is no secret too that thousands and thousands of people are living their lives out of Instagram. Here is how:
- Create an Instagram profile of your business or even as an individual if you wish to promote your services and products as an individual.
- Try post more and more and get as many followers as possible. Make sure you post only related to your Instagram profile.
- Once you have a decent following, you can either sell your physical or digital products directly or you can direct those followers to a website too. This way you can also sell your affiliate products and make commissions too.
- You can even get sponsors easily if you have a large number of followers. Sponsors pay you money to advertise their products on your profile. This is the way most of the Instagram models and bloggers make money.
Make sure you always keep a balance between your selling and interacting with your follower-ship. If you only keep selling, your audience will start to break away from you since nobody likes to see a Facebook page full of ad. If you only post for your audience without any ads, it is good for your page and it will also make you attract more followers, but your earnings will take a fall. So a rule of the thumb is to keep your content-ad ratio to at least 75:25. It means at least 75% of your posts should be without ads and should aim to entertain and inform your audience only.
How to Make Money Through WhatsApp Business
WhatsApp has launched its Business app through which you can manage your business and sell and promote your products and services over WhatsApp only. You can use WhatsApp Business app to contact your customers in a professional way over WhatsApp.
This app offers features like business name, logo, quick replies, away message, greeting message, statistics and much more which is perfect to run business on WhatsApp.
Many businesses have moved themselves over WhatsApp too since it provides faster and better communication with their customers. They take direct orders, direct payments and customers are also satisfied since they can always remain in touch with their provider.
If you have a physical product, you can open a business account on WhatsApp Business app which is available on iOS, Android and Windows. You can then get a database of phone numbers to sell and promote your products. However, make sure you do not spam your customers.
All of the above three social media platforms are owned by Facebook and no doubt people are making a lot of money out of these just by sitting at home. People are selling clothes, handicrafts, used and old stuff and what not. If used in a professional way, these social media platforms can be used in to bring in a lot of money. Facebook is here to remain for a long time and its high time you start using its services to make some money online for yourself.
8. YouTube to Generate Income Online in 2018-2019
Being a YouTuber and making videos to generate income is a no hidden idea these days. People have been flocking over to YouTube not just for watching videos but for uploading theirs too.
Apparently, YouTube has their Partner Program where you can make some money out of your YouTube channel if you fulfill a certain criteria.
Since Google has acquired YouTube, a YouTube channel is connected to Google AdSense account. You need to have a minimum of 4000 watch hours and a minimum of 1000 subscribers before you can do that and start monetizing your YouTube channel. Also, you cannot publish copyrighted videos since they do not qualify for AdSense ads.
How Much Money Can We Make From YouTube
As I said, once you have 4000 watch hours and a minimum of 1000 subscribers, you can link your YouTube channel with Google AdSense. Once you do that, your videos, if eligible otherwise, will start displaying ads.
Advertisers pay on a CPC(Cost per Click) or a CPV(Cost per View) basis to the publisher. Everytime a video is played, an ad doesn’t appear. So the number of views on a video does not mean that an ad was displayed each time the video was played. Also, to get paid, a user must watch either half of the ad or watch it for at least 30 seconds, whichever comes first. A channel also gets paid for a banner ad displayed in the video and if a viewer clicks on it while watching the video.
So to generate more and more income, you need to either create videos which can catch eye of your audience in your niche. Your niche can be comedy, technology, celeb gossips, news channel or anything for that matter. If you are basing your YouTube channel on SEO, than you need to target keywords for which advertisers are paying more and create your videos around them.
Creating a YouTube video is not sufficient. You should be able to promote it on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or wherever you find the opportunity. WhatsApp groups can make videos go viral these days.
Making Money Out of Sponsored Videos
Suppose you have a YouTube channel based on laptops and you review each and every laptop which is launched into the market. You have a decent number of subscribers and you are getting good number of views on your videos too. Then you can easily get to do sponsored video for a laptop company which pays you directly to create a video about their newly launched laptop. Of course you will have to mention in the video that it is a sponsored video sponsored by such and such company. Many YouTube channels once established, make a lot of money through this method. They cash in on their credibility among their viewers. But make sure that you remain loyal to your viewers first. So it is always a better idea to find a good sponsor rather than taking money from anyone.
This method gives YouTube channels a chance to make money directly and in a much faster way than YouTube ads.
So these were 8 methods which still work in 2019-2019 and you can these to generate income from the internet. This is our first post on this blog. We will be writing more about each and everything in detail and what else is involved in this whole process of making money online.
Please share your views and opinions in the comment section below. Point out any mistakes so that we can rectify them. Share this to help us spread our word. We will be back soon with new content, till then keep making money and keep smiling!