Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) or commonly known as Oil Heater is a popular heating appliance among Indian folks to rescue themselves from the cold winters between the months of November and February. These Oil Filled Radiators are being used in almost every household and are suitable for use by almost all age groups and in all kinds of places. Oil heaters are different from traditional Fan Heaters or Halogen Heaters in some very important aspects. These OFRs are currently being manufactured and sold by almost every big home appliance brand in India such as Havells, Morphy Richards, Usha, Bajaj etc.
Let us take a look at why Oil Filled Radiator is the new trend and what are its benefits over other traditional heaters.
6 Benefits of Using Oil Filled Radiator(OFR)
- No Oxygen Burning – This is the first and the gigantic benefit of using an Oil Heater that it does not burn any oxygen in the room. Every Oil Heater has fins or columns which have oil inside them. The heater at the bottom heats up the oil which then flows inside the fins and provides heat. No oxygen is depleted in this whole process. Oil Filled Radiators are being extensively used in small, medium and large sized rooms or bedrooms. You can use an OFR all night long without the fear of any oxygen loss, emissions or breathing problems.
- No Need to Replace or Re-Fuel the Oil – The oil used in the Oil Heater is not used as fuel. It is used as a heat reservoir. The oil used has a very high boiling point and high specific heat capacity. This allows the oil to always remain in the liquid phase and generate thermal heat without being extinguished or reduced. You would never require to replace the oil or re-fuel it. Thus an Oil Filled Radiator is for lifetime.
- Thermostat For Efficiency – All Oil Heaters models come fitted with an adjustable thermostat which help you manage your room temperature in the most efficient and convenient way possible. OFRs have the capacity to not only heat up the room, but also maintain the heat throughout its operation.
- Multiple Heat Settings – Oil Heaters are generally ranged from 2000-2900 Watts in India. Almost all models have at least 2-3 heat settings. For example, Usha 3609 FS Oil Filled Radiator With Fan – 9 Fins – 2400 Watts – has two heat settings of 2000W(Heater) + 400W(Fan). You can either use only the Heater which will consume 2000W or you can use it along with the Fan if you are feeling a little more cold which will add additional 400W.
- Availability of Fan – OFRs come with a fan installed which helps in bringing more and more cold air in contact with the Oil Heater. This results in faster and more efficient heating of the room. Fan also increases the heat flow in the room so that you can stay warm in each and every corner.
- Safety Features – An Oil Filled Radiator outweighs any other type of heater when it comes to safety features. It is safe to use and does not affect your health as it does not burn any oxygen. All models come with overheat protection which cuts off power in case of any overheating which occurs very rarely. They also have a tilt sensor and a tip over switch which does not allow the Oil Heater to run on unstable surfaces. Also, all OFRs have castor wheels which allows for easy movement and displacement of oil heater.
Top 5 Oil Heater Brands in India – 2018
- Havells – Nothing beats Havells when it comes to home appliances in India. Be it their supreme quality of manufacturing or their outstanding after sales customer support, Havells have been at the top of their game since past 4-5 years. At least in the case of Oil Filled Radiators, Havells is the most trusted and most selling brand. Check out the top 3 Havells Oil Heaters which are most popular in India:
- Havells 9 Fins PTC With Fan Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 2500 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Havells 11 Fins PTC With Fan Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 2900 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Havells 13 Fins PTC With Fan Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 2900 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Morphy Richards – Morphy Richards stands next to Havells when it comes to quality and performance of their Oil Heaters. But they are a little more cost-efficient than Havells and that is why they sell like hot cakes during winters in India. Check out some of the best Oil Heaters by Morphy Richards in Indian market :
- Morphy Richards 09 Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 9 Fins – 2000 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Morphy Richards 09F PTC With Fan Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 9 Fins – 2400 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Morphy Richards 13F PTC With Fan Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 13 Fins – 2900 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Bajaj Oil Heaters – Bajaj is a very popular household name and has connected with millions of customers. Bajaj is probably the oldest brand too in the field of appliances. Bajaj Oil Heaters offer supreme heating at a very lower prices than other brands. Bajaj has a variety of Oil Heaters which you can purchase according to your needs:
- Bajaj Majesty RH 9F Plus Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 9 Fins – 2400 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Bajaj Majesty RH 9 Plus Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 9 Fins – 2000 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Bajaj Majesty RH 11F Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 11 Fins – 2500 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Usha Oil Heaters – Usha has worked tremendously in their heating range of appliances and launched their Oil Heaters in new looks which have outstanding customer reviews on websites like Amazon:
- Usha 3609FS Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 9 Fins – 2400 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Usha Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 3211F PTC – 11 Fins – 2900 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Black+Decker/Singer – Both Black+Decker and Singer Oil Heaters have a very good market reputation and a very large customer base. Singer Oil Heaters are priced lower than Black+Decker Oil Heater but are a good choice in the scathing winters specially in northern India :
- Black+Decker Oil Filler Radiator(OFR) 13 Fins – 2800 Watts – Buy From Amazon
- Singer 9 Fins Oil Filled Radiator(OFR) – 2600 Watts – Buy From Amazon
So we have literally mentioned all the top selling Oil Heaters in all the top selling brands in India. You can choose the best one which suits your needs and buy your Oil Heater from Amazon or your nearby retail shop.